Saturday, May 24, 2014

Carry On Luggage Essentials

Carry On Luggage Essentials



Hello-o Lovelies!
I'm heading out on vacation soon, and I will be on a flight for a 14 hours straight, not to mention transfer flights as well as a 7 hour layaway at an airport. 
So I thought I would share some of my carry on luggage essentials with you guys!
I divided everything into four categories: Pampering, Boredom Breaking, Comfy-ing, and Freshening.
Also, make sure any liquids that you bring meet the airline's regulations!

 Pampering
You definitely do not want your skin to get dehydrated on the airplane. Airplanes use recycled air, so this dries your skin out like nobody's business. Here are a few items that I suggest you bringing in order to lock in the moisture into your skin.

1. Moisturizer and/or Facial Oil
You need to moisturize your skin every couple of hours so make sure to bring a favorite. Facial oil is lovely as you just need a little, but it may get a little messy.
Here I just have a Shiseido Hydrating Lotion.

2. Body Lotion
Especially after using hand sanitizer, body lotion is a must. This will keep your hands from cracking!

3. Facial Mist
I loooove this one by Evian. Just spritz some onto your face (over makeup is fine!) and pat dry. Then apply some moisturizer to lock in the moisture. Plus it feels super refreshing! You can get a travel sized duo from Sephora!

4. Lip Balm
Keep those lips from drying out! I love my Blueberry Açai scented one from EOS.

5. Optional: Face Mask or Eye Mask
I know many people love to do a sheet mask on the plane, although I find it a tad awkward, if you want to, go for it!

Boredom Breaking
Ah, I get so bored on planes. It's especially bad on ridiculously long flights. But here are a few things I always bring to combat boredom.

1. A Good Book
I have downloaded tons of books onto my iPad, so I am well prepared. eBooks are a great way to bring books for travel without the physical weight of actually bringing them. Although I prefer physical books, I also prefer to keep my spinal health.
Here are a few on my book list:
Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Claire
Beastly by Alex Flinn
and two that I received as summer assignments, but am still excited to read:
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
The Upwinding by George Packer


2. iPads, iPhones, Nooks, Tablets, the whole she-bang,
Pretty self explanatory.

3. Earphones
Music is good. Also if your plane has those personal television screens, you can use your own earphones.

Comfying it up!
It gets super cold on planes. Even in summer. So make sure to bring some warm stuff.

1. Outerwear
Make sure to bring a jacket, cardigan, scarf, etc.

2. Fuzzy socks.
This is just a personal thing, but I love to just take off my shoes and slip into comfy socks at my seat. Make sure to put your shoes on when you walk around the cabin though!

Freshening
Lets be honest here, traveling makes you feel super gross and the exact opposite from fresh. But, here are a few things I carry around with me in order to try and combat that gross feeling!

1. Wisp
First of all, these are so cute. They're like tiny little toothbrushes with a little bead of toothpaste in the center. You just brush your teeth like normally, and you don't even need water! They immediately freshen your breath!

2. Hand Sanitizer
A must have! Especially if there isn't a restroom to wash your hands nearby, having one of these is so handy! My favorites are from Bath and Body Works, and they smell ah-mazing!

3. Gum
Not only does gum freshen your breath, but if you chew gum while taking off, it can help with the pain of your ears popping when the air pressure changes!

4. Mini Perfume (not pictured)
Bring one of these just to keep fresh smelling during the day!


That's all guys!
I'll be bringing all of these in a Vera Bradley backpack: it holds everything with tons of room to spare!
What travel necessities do you always bring? Comment below!
Until next time! XOXO
Happy Traveling!







2 comments: